How to DIY Homemade Nail Polish Remover 2021
Everyone wishes to show up at a party with clean and well-presented nail polish. But unknowingly you are late for the party, and trying to hurry up but suddenly you noticed that your nails polish are chipped and has been on you for the past weeks and months but you are out of nail polish remover to wipe the chipped nail polish away.
Do not panic! Here are some easy, healthy, safe and secured to use DIY homemade nail polish remover that you can opt for to clean your nail polish.
These homemade nail polish removers are inexpensive and safer than public nail polish removers.
How to Do it yourself with Homemade Nail Polish Remover
Lime is a natural substance that can be used to clean nail polish. It is also one of the natural substances used for nail care by Manicurists. All you have to do is to massage a slice of the lemon on your nails to remove the nail polish from the nails so this method is simple and easy to use.
- Warm water & detergent
- A cut of lemon
How to use lemon to remove nail polish
- Dip your nail polish fingers into the warm water for three to five minutes.
- Rub a lemon slice on the nails instead of the widely used a polish remover.
This will help the nail to be soft, so the nails will clean easily and faster. Lastly, rub nail moisturizers or nail cream to protect your nails and make them healthy.
An acidic substance that is good for breaking nail polish is the “vinegar". This ingredient can be gotten in the home or neighborhood supermarket.
Cotton swab, vinegar and lime juice
How to use the vinegar to remove that nail polish by yourself at home
- Firstly, dip your nails for ten to fifteen minutes in warm water before cleaning the nail polish in order to boost this process.
- Mix the lemon juice and vinegar together in a can.
- Stir the mixture, and then put the cotton swab in it.
- Put the cotton on the nails and hold it for ten to twenty seconds before removing it.
- Use the cotton swab to clean the polish away from the nails.
This process helps nail enamel to dissolve and also detach nail remnants but if there are many coats, it will require a few times to remove the polish from the nails.
Alcohol is more natural and less hard than chemicals that are seen in other nail removers. For those that have nail infections alcohol is best to use when opting for homemade nail removal process. However alcohol is beneficial for those that don't have lime juice and vinegar when preparing homemade nail polish remover.
- Moisturizing alcohol
- Warm water bowl
- Dip your nails into the warm water bowl for fifteen minutes.
- Soak the cotton wool with alcohol to clean the nail polish.
- Use a nail cream and cuticle oil to achieve healthy nails.
Perfumes also consist of several solvents that work wonderfully as nail polish remover.
Before using this method, ensure that you are not perfume allergies.
You just need to get your perfume can and put the nozzle close to the nail and spray over the nails.
Clean it off by using the cotton wool instantly.
Perfumes consist of alcohol and acetone that helps to wipe the nails and remove the nail polish faster.
Hand sanitizer is another do it yourself homemade nail remover which can be quickly seen in the home.
Hand sanitizer and wool.
Split a little of the hand sanitizer on the nail.
- Rub a cotton wool over the nail instantly.
- Re-do this process until the polish begins to peel off.
However do not use much sanitizer and also ensure to wash your hands well once you are done with the cleanup otherwise it will patch on the nails.
However this will look impossible in the sense that you will marvel at how nail polish will remove nail polish. It really works, nail polish patches because of the solvent evaporation.
This solvent also makes the nail to be soft therefore applying nail polish to remove nail polish is easy and fast to get rid of nail polish.
- Any unused nail polish that you don't mind to waste.
- Kitchen towel.
- Apply the nail polish on the nails but ensure that it is not a fast patching one.
- Wipe immediately with the kitchen towel but it might take a few times before it wipes away.
Acetone is the simplest and smallest ketone; it is also an organic compound that has no scent.
It also serves as a crucial solvent for cleaning nail polish. However, acetone is also a clear liquid that smells like nail polish remover.
Nail Removal procedures
- Put an acetone soaked wool ball on your nails.
- Use a piece of aluminum foil to wrap round your nails to hold the wool.
- Allow it to rest for ten to fifteen minutes before removing the Aluminum foil from your nails.
While using this method you must ensure that your skins are intact and won't have any negative reaction to acetone before opting for this nail removal method.
Acetone is the basic and widely used method for nail polish remover.
It is safe and secured on nails.
The materials mentioned above are simple materials that can be used to remove your nail polish, yet maintain your healthy nails and ensure nail growth. They are easily obtainable and can be gotten from your home. If you’ve been worried about how to remove that nail polish that has worn off, worry no more. You’re in luck.